Dr. Max Feinstein, D.O., is a leading osteopathic medicine doctor in metro Detroit. In addition to family medicine services, Dr. Feinstein takes a comprehensive approach when treating patients.
Osteopathic medicine focuses on the correlation of all systems in the body. They all work together to keep the body functioning as it should, and treatment entails digging deeper into the root cause of a problem, such as environmental factors or lifestyle.
As the top osteopathic medicine doctor in Southfield, Dr. Feinstein can use this approach to treat a multitude of health conditions, including:
- Back, neck, shoulder, foot, chest, abdominal, and joint pain
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in the spinal column)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Headaches, migraines, vertigo, and tinnitus
- Joint or pelvic instability
- Auto accident and sports-related injuries
- Scoliosis and spinal stenosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Unsteady Gait
- Mobility for Parkinson’s disease patients
Conditions We Treat at Our Doctor’s Office in Southfield
As a highly qualified and experienced osteopathic doctor, Dr. Max Feinstein treats many of these conditions in his Southfield, Michigan office.
Common medical conditions we can treat in Southfield include:
- Systematic Problems: Neurologic syndromes, seizure disorders, digestive disorders, urinary problems, chronic infectious disease, rheumatic problems, and delayed development
- Pediatric Problems: Birth trauma, colic, spitting up, sucking difficulty, dyslexia, learning disorders, cerebral palsy, and chronic ear infections
- Body Pain: Traumatic injury, head trauma, rib pain, neck pain, lower back pain, sciatica, headaches, TMJ, and joint pain syndromes
- Women’s Health Issues: Menstrual pain, irregular periods, and pregnancy-related back pain, groin pain, and gastrointestinal issues
- Respiratory Illness: Asthma, allergies, chronic sinusitis, and chronic infections
In addition to providing primary care, osteopathic doctors receive special training in the musculoskeletal system, which is your body’s interconnected system of nerves, muscles, and bones. By analyzing how patients’ lifestyles and environment impact their well-being, osteopathic physicians can focus on preventing future problems as they treat existing conditions.
Dr. Feinstein combines his primary care expertise with osteopathic principles to create a comprehensive treatment plan for his Detroit area patients.
What to Expect During Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
Osteopathic doctors practice traditional medicine according to the latest science and technology, but they complete additional training in Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in order to complement pharmaceuticals and surgery. OMT is a hands-on tool used to help diagnose, treat, and prevent injury and illness.
During Osteopathic Manipulative treatment, the doctor moves a patient’s muscles and joints using techniques that include stretching, gentle pressure, and resistance. As a result, OMT can complement or replace drugs or surgery.
Osteopathy focuses on the health of the whole body, not only the injured or affected part. Therefore, underlying pain and other health issues can be corrected through the identification of the correlations between the physical concerns and underlying ailments.
Typically, osteopathic doctors focus on the joints, muscles, and spine.
Contact us for more information or to make an appointment with the osteopathic medicine doctor at our Southfield, Michigan office.